Day Program at Alternatives
The Abilities in Motion (A.I.M.) day program, located in Raritan, provides structured activities and opportunities for growth for those with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Clients work on life skills and social skills in a small group setting, with a maximum capacity of 25. Services are designed to maximize an individual’s potential, are driven by the individual’s service plan, and aim to build new skills and interests. Activities are individualized and include arts and crafts, low impact exercise and community outings, such as trips to the local YMCA, retailers, movies and restaurants. Activities of daily living, including social and money management skills, are practiced regularly. Technology is integrated into individualized service plans and daily programming. Behavioral services are available to those who require additional supports. A.I.M.’s hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm. Transportation is provided, as needed, within a 10-mile radius, and is contingent upon the configuration of the current route.
- Enrolled in services with the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD)
- Have a Support Coordinator
and any additional pertinent medical/behavioral information to [email protected].
What Sets Us Apart
Services are designed to maximize an individual’s potential and are driven by the individual’s service plan.
- Supports are based on individualized needs and aim to build new skills and interests.
- Community-based activities include, but are not limited to, trips to local retailers, movies, restaurants, local gyms and seasonal outdoor events.
- Technology is integrated into service plans and daily programming.
- Activities of daily living (ADLs), including social skills and money management, are practiced regularly.
- Behavioral support is available to those who require additional assistance during day program hours.
- Outcomes are measured to ensure the highest quality of services.