Supervised Living at Alternatives
Alternatives, Inc. offers individualized services, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, in group homes and supervised apartment settings, to meet each person’s residential and support needs. Services are designed to maximize an individual’s potential as driven by the Individual Service Plan. Outcomes are measured to ensure a high quality of service.
Supervised living is provided to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in Warren, Hunterdon, Somerset, Middlesex, Monmouth and Ocean Counties.
Individuals eligible for our Supervised Living Services are:
What Sets Us Apart
Alternatives offers an interdisciplinary, person-centered approach, including the use of a thorough assessment of individual strengths and needs, prior to the creation of the service plan.
- The agency is approved to serve a high level of behavioral and medical need, and we employ Registered Nurses to coordinate medical care, offer specialized staff training and provide advocacy for clients. Alternatives also employs Board Certified Behavior Analysts, who provide and supervise behavior analytic programs and specialize in reducing challenging behaviors by teaching new skills.
- Leadership is comprised of professionals with decades of experience in the field and within the agency.
- Alternatives is licensed, accredited and an approved Medicaid provider.
- The agency has received exemplary independent financial audits for well over 20 years.
- Technology is integrated into all services provided.
- Alternatives is an approved vendor for social security representative payee services.
- The agency is an exemplary provider of services for individuals who are dually diagnosed with both intellectual/developmental disabilities and mental illness.
- Alternatives’ Recreation Coordinator assists each program to create unique and engaging activities to meet the interests and abilities of the individual clients, and the program as a whole.
- Alternatives offers a 24/7 on-call system, with several tiers of support, including Directors and Associate Vice-Presidents, ready to assist clients and staff.