Support Coordination at Alternatives
Support Coordination is provided to individuals who are eligible for services through the NJ Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD). Our Support Coordinators use person-centered planning to assist individuals and their families to develop and implement Individualized Service Plans. We provide information that enables thoughtful choices about the supports and services that are accessible through a personalized budget.
Individuals eligible for our Support Coordination Services are:
- Enrolled in services with the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD)
What Sets Us Apart
Alternatives has been providing services to individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities since 1979, when people were first moving from institutional living to the community.
- Person-centered planning is a pillar of the agency’s philosophy.
- Alternatives was approved as a Support Coordination provider in 2013, when New Jersey was preparing for the transition to fee-for-service and began the expansion of Support Coordination Services.
- Alternatives was authorized to approve its own service plans as of March 2015, and with extensive automation at every level of the agency, Alternatives is able to expedite the delivery of services.
- Our Support Coordination Department has more than 30 years of combined experience, including first-hand experience in the services aspect of the field. Our staff training exceeds state requirements.
- By limiting our Support Coordination services to three counties (Morris, Sussex and Union), Alternatives was able to build a strong rapport with providers in those counties, and our staff is highly knowledgeable about the resources within our designated service areas.
- Our responsive Support Coordinators offer flexible schedules to meet your busy lifestyle. Alternatives has a 24/7 on-call system, with several tiers of support, including Directors and Associate Vice-Presidents, ready to assist clients, families and staff.
- Alternatives has implemented a two-tiered review system, whereby two supervisors review the Individual Service Plan (ISP), as well as all Monthly Monitoring, prior to approval.
- We conduct internal, quarterly Self Audits to ensure that we follow through on commitments to clients, families, and guardians.
- Alternatives’ Quality Assurance and Corporate Compliance Department measures client satisfaction annually, and we work to improve the delivery of Support Coordination services as a result.
- Alternatives has been an active participant in the development and maintenance of Support Coordination services in New Jersey by:
- Chairing the Support Coordination Constituency Group of the New Jersey Association for Community Providers (NJACP)
- Being invited to participate in the development of the state’s Support Coordination Orientation Manual
- Participating in Support Coordination Leadership Forum Meetings within the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD)